Outsourcing Company Benefits
The following analysis is based on a conversation between LMC and a VP from a large IT outsourcing company. In the discussion with the VP, he conveyed his main objective of the need to demonstrate to new and existing customers a support differentiator - a set of tools, workflow, controls, and management processes that deliver the highest levels of outsource IT support. And, at the same time provide dependable support at a reduced cost to the company. We have identified areas in which ETSC can deliver superior proactive support and service to your company's value propositions. This can be done while not only saving money in support and maintenance cost, but also by providing you the opportunity of a creating a new revenue stream.
The company has accumulated too many tools, monitors, interfaces, and alert systems. The company is still using legacy systems and does not have time and resources to build new support tools. Non-functional requirements such as server configuration and access management have always been an afterthought and not communicated well. Too much time is wasted on reactive break/fix which can easily be reflected if the customer's administrator had a view to identify the issue.
LMC's Unified Support Platform, ETSC, reduces cost and maximizes productivity. Its largest impact can be seen in resolving non-software, recurring tickets that are being escalated from the customer. Once a support model is developed internally, the model can be deployed to your customers' sites. The configuration rules can be added incrementally to improve the support model as new issues are resolved. This reduces your cost by reducing mistakes and recurring tickets. Most mistakes will be reflected as the support model gets deployed and validated in real-time during each release. The beauty of the support model is that you define the level of detail to monitor as new issues arise, and the model builds over time.
The Benefit to Your Company
To continue to be competitive in the marketplace, your company needs to demonstrate a support differentiator - a set of tools, workflow, controls, and management processes that deliver the highest levels of outsource support. Pulling from 20yrs of Support experience, there are added values in which Support will benefit by reducing the number of non-functional mistakes (20%) and recurring mistakes by 66%. The cost saving is close to $1.5 million per year if implemented across the full organization. Here are the areas in which we see the outsourcing company's benefits:
- Increased Competitiveness for Bids
- Increased Productivity from your benched resources - Resource can float without a lengthy learning curve due to virtual interface into environment
- Management control to improve the responsiveness to customer - Remote management of site personnel and responsiveness to issues
- Account Management of Client Relationship - Insight into site issues creates better relationship between Account Manager
- Significantly Reduce Resource Costs - Support resources can be entry level due to simplified workflow and toolset (tools launch from platform) - $200,000 saving
- Greater Availability of Mission-Critical Applications - Reduction in average ticket time to resolution by 5% through unified platform, common UI and admin rights - $62,500 saving
- Enhanced Reliability of Support and Maintenance Tasks - Real-time alerts used in Support Model (80% mistakes caused by changes) - $320,000
- Improve Overall Productivity - Common Toolset & User Interface & Workflow - $187,500 saving
- Greater Customer Satisfaction - Cost of loosing a customer - $250,000
- Risk Mitigation of Key Employee - Increasing Internal Employee Morale - Institutionalized Knowledge makes training and resolution more efficient. Increases internal employee morale by improving workflow - less stress/greater retention - $80,000
- Increased Levels of System and Operational Documentation - Easier to adopt and manage environments through standard interface and tools - $3,000
- Increased Levels of Quality in the Support process - Reducing Reoccurring of Issues - Rule is added into model to prevent recurrence - Preventing Knowledge Lost (it takes 3 recurrences to recognize pattern in traditional support process) - Institutionalized Knowledge - $350,000
The Benefit to Your Customers
To continue to be competitive in the marketplace, your company needs to demonstrate a support. Here are the areas in which we see you customers benefiting:
- Proactive Support - Resolution of issue before your customer is aware of occurrence
- Greater Availability of Mission-Critical Applications - Reduction in average ticket time to resolution by 5% through unified platform, common UI and admin rights - $62,500
- Enhanced Reliability of Business Enterprise Systems - Real-time alerts used in Support Model (80% mistakes caused by changes) - $320,000
- Empowering Customer with View into Operations - Customer deployed GUI with insight into issues